Did you schedule a home inspection and want to prepare for it? Need a regular maintenance checklist? Want to polish up your home before selling it? You’ve come to the right page. NextDay Inspect® provides various checklists for you to preview and download. If you’re preparing for a home inspection, our checklist will help ensure a safe and successful inspection.
Home Maintenance Seasonal Checklist
As the seasons come and go, there are specific maintenance items you need to check for each season. These checklists will help you maintain your home during the four seasons.
1. Spring: Clean gutters and downspouts. Check for loose or rotting shingles, missing roof tiles, and sagging screens.
2. Summer: Check fuses, batteries, and air conditioning units; water leaks; and pests (insects, rodents).
3. Fall: Clean windowsills and frames; clean eaves, gutters, porches, and walkways; check smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors; seal cracks in foundation walls.0
4. Winter: Check smoke detectors; turn off exterior lights when leaving home; check for frozen pipes.
Home Seller Checklist
Are you looking to sell your home? We recommend you download this improve marketing checklist to get the most out of your listings. This checklist will help improve the marketing of your house.
- Clean all areas of the home including gutters, downspouts, corners, and around water pipes
- Change air filters in all HVAC systems
- Mow the lawn; rake leaves; trim hedges
- Check windows for weather damage and clean if necessary
- Clean exterior doors and windowsills; check locks, hinges, and screens
- Clean roof; check tiles and gutters
- Check basement, attic, and exterior walls for damage
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors; change batteries as needed
- Check propane tanks; make sure they have a full supply of propane
- Check appliances for proper use, breakages, and safety hazards.
If you’re in the market to buy a home, it’s important to have your home inspected.
Consider a Pre-Listing Inspection
Are you ready to sell your home? We recommend that you get a pre-listing inspection. A pre-listing inspection will help you make sure your home is in good condition and meet the needs of prospective buyers.
There are many benefits to getting a pre-listing inspection, such as improved marketing and smoother negotiations. For more information, check out our Pre-Listing Inspection Page.