Residential & Commercial Property Inspections by Appointments Available 7 Days a Week.
One Step Ahead
What Makes Us Unique
Home inspectors at NextDay Inspect® are licensed by the Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) for VA property inspections and the Department of Labor Licensing and Regulation (DLLR) for MD property inspections. Upon completing the on-site inspection the inspector will prepare a report, including annotated pictures and videos taken at the property, and arrows with commentary detailing the areas of concerns.
Our goal is to protect our clients’ interests by providing a thorough and detailed inspection of the property. Safeguarding our clients’ investment is our priority. We provide Residential Home Inspections, Commercial Building Inspections, Pre-Drywall Inspections, Radon Gas Testing, Air Quality, Electromagnetic Field Testing, and Mold Sampling.
Property Inspection Services
Inspection Services Details
Evaluating the different aspects of the interior and exterior of your property is at the core of the NextDay Inspect services. The NextDay Inspect inspector will evaluate all structural and system components of the house from bottom to top, from the foundation to the roof. There are numerous items that have to be evaluated by our inspectors during the home inspection, such as:
- Property Site; grading and landscape
- Electrical Systems; electric service drop, electric panel, electric branch circuits, and electric wiring
- Gutters, downspouts, and Drainage
- Foundation walls, beams, joists, studs, and building Structure
- Decks, Porches, exterior doors, gates, and fences
- Interior and exterior stairs and rails
- Basements and Crawl Spaces
- Ceilings, Floors, and Walls
- Attics; roof structure, insulation, ventilation, electrical, and plumbing
- Roofs; covering material, roof penetrations, chimneys, venting stacks, skylights, and areas of roof penetration with metal flashing to prevent water intrusion.
- Plumbing Systems; water supply and wastewater pipes
The inspectors at NextDay Inspect® are State Certified New Residential Structure (NRS) for performing inspections on new construction properties. Home Inspectors at NextDay Inspect® are licensed by the Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) and the Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation (DLLR).
Our philosophy with residential property inspections is to leave no stone left unturned, which means that all rooms and facilities will be thoroughly inspected. The general interior inspection will include checking the basement and crawl space to ensure that there is no problem with rainwater or excess moisture in these hard to reach areas.
There are four phases to the new home construction process.
- Foundation & Footing Inspection
- Pre-Drywall Inspection
- Final Walkthrough Inspection
- 11th Month Warranty Inspection
Whether you’ve built a deck yourself or hired a professional contractor, deck inspections are essential to ensure the safety and longevity of this great home entertainment structure. Our InterNACHI certified inspectors are trained to inspect your deck for critical safety features and structural durability. Aspects the inspector will evaluate are a proper attachment to the home, adequate spacing for the deck boards, sufficient bracing underneath including infill spacing between balusters, secure posts and soil integrity, safe stair treads and graspable handrails, safe clearances from power lines electrical, and lighting features and more. Don’t let your outdoor gathering run the risk of being a potential disaster; schedule your stand-alone deck inspection today!
Thermal imaging helps the inspector to uncover problems that aren’t always visible to the human eye. The thermal camera employs a process that translates the heat signature in your home on a gradient scale, ranging from bright red to dark blue. Higher temperatures will translate as red, while darker colors are triggered by lower temperatures in wet areas.
In analyzing these images, the inspector can detect sources of energy loss, pinpoint dangerous electrical hot spots, flue leaks in the chimney that can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, locate wood-destroying insects and detect moisture intrusion (which can be a catalyst for mold). In short, thermal imaging can be an important preventative measure in protecting your home from potential hazards.
At NextDay Inspect, our inspectors have the training, experience, and knowledge to perfectly inspect the commercial site. The commercial property can be of any kind such as an office building, warehouse, industrial facility, retail store, and shop. From top to bottom, our inspectors will thoroughly go over every aspect of the property to give you the most detailed and accurate report. These include:
- Drainage and Grading Around the Building
- Framing and Building Envelope
- Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
- Vertical Transportation
- Electrical Systems
- Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems
If you plan on selling your home, you might want to consider getting a pre-listing inspection. NextDay Inspect® offers pre-listing inspection will allow the seller to uncover any potential problems that can compromise the sale of the home. It’s not very different from the usual home inspections, but there are significant benefits to getting a pre-listing inspection done.
- By getting a pre-listing inspection done, the seller will be able to accurately priced their home as they will know the potential defects and can take care of them to improve the appeal of the house.
- Knowledge of Defects
- Generally, with a home inspection, the seller is not aware of the issues that are in their home. By getting a pre-listing inspection done, the seller will have full knowledge of their home’s defect.
- Make Repairs Ahead of Time
- The inspection report will indicate any defects or potential defects found during the inspection. The seller will be able to see which items need significant repair.
- Saves A lot of Time
- By getting a pre-listing inspection done, the seller will have more control over marketing their home. There are fewer inspection-related issues to negotiate, which in turn allows for a faster transaction.
The aspects the Inspector will evaluate the attic and roof structure of the home.
The Inspector will look for adequate fasteners in the attic and proper installation of roof sheathing within the attic. The Inspector will also look for any improper flashing around roof penetrations within the attic. The rafters and truss members within the attic will be evaluated for any deficiencies or alterations.
The roof covering materials will be evaluated, including the shingles, drip edge, and attachment to the sheathing. The roof will be evaluated for any bumps, buckling or otherwise uneven shingle placement.
Please understand there are some limitations, and we will not inspect every roof. Please contact the office for more details.
Environmental Testing Services
Environmental Testing Details
Mold is organic growth in the building, moisture is the main cause of mold presence in a building. Therefore, at NextDay Inspect we provide both services; moisture evaluation and mold detection:
- Moisture Evaluations This constitutes a visual site evaluation of the areas you suspect of mold or moisture. Using a moisture meter and infrared camera, the inspector can help identify active leaks or areas with the potential for water intrusion. We will provide recommendations on how to correct these high-risk areas and help you decide if mold sampling would be beneficial at this time.
- Mold Sampling There are two classes of molding sampling;
(a) Swap & Bio-Tape
(b) Air Sampling
Air samples can be taken in each of your areas of concern. Laboratory analysis will indicate the types and amount of mold spores in the air if any. Swab samples can also be taken of visible growth on surfaces. The lab results will confirm whether or not the growth is mold, and provide details on the specific type and amount.
Radon is a radioactive gas that is known to cause severe health problems of which the most common is lung cancer. This gas can build up indoors, especially in the lower level of your home and put your family at risk. At NextDay Inspect, we offer Radon testing and provide recommendations for remediation in the case that the level of Radon is above the safe levels as stated by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) to ensure that your property is safe.
Pollutants commonly found in indoor air can cause many harmful effects, there is considerable uncertainty about what concentrations or periods of exposure are necessary to produce specific health problems. People also react very differently to exposure to indoor air pollutants. It is prudent to try to improve the indoor air quality in your home even if symptoms are not noticeable.
At NextDay Inspect®, we offer electromagnetic field testing or EMF for short. EMF looks for exposure to high and low electromagnetic fields. The most common sources for high electromagnetic fields include proximity to power lines, transformers or appliances, and flaws in the internal building’s wiring system and stray currents on utility pipes. Exposure to high levels of EMF can cause serious health issues. We use the latest technology to help you detect where there are high levels of EMF in your house.
Residential & Commercial Inspections
Explore The Inspection Reports
The reports will include:
- Descriptions of various systems and components of the property
- Condition of the various systems and components of the property
- The implication of the defective condition
- Recommendation to the client addressing the defects
Report Writing Standards
For a period of 5 years following the home inspection, this warranty protects against new leaks in the roof of the home. After deductible, repair costs are covered up to $3,000.
You need more than just a home inspection, you need the professionals that you can depend on even after the job is done. That’s why we back all of our inspections with a 90-day Limited Structural and Mechanical Warranty. Structural coverage up to $2,000 and Mechanical coverage up to $500.
We have Sewer Line Protection from SewerGard – the world leader in underground repair coverage. Buy with confidence and worry less knowing that main water and sewer collapses and breaks are covered, up to $4,000.
If an inspector performs a full home inspection for you in compliance with the inspector’s designated standards of practice, and you later find a deficiency that was required to be inspected and is not in the original home inspection report, then Porch will reimburse you as described below, up to the cost of the inspection fee ($1000 maximum).
Get Your FREE Estimate Today
Get Your FREE Estimate Today
we will assist you During & After The Inspection
We provide assistance to our clients after the inspection is complete. Home maintenance books and home warranties are available for purchase. We have a dedicated staff to answer your questions.
You Deserve One Of The Best Inspectors
with Training & experience